Kristine A. Romine, MD, FAAD
Dr. Kristine A. Romine is the Founder and CEO of Camelback Dermatology & Skin Surgery in Phoenix, Arizona.
Professional Membership Status
- American Academy of Dermatology - Fellow
- American Society for Mohs Surgery - Fellow
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery - Member
- American Society for Laser Medicine & Surgery - Fellow
Professional Training (Residency)
- Resident and Chief Resident, Dermatology and Mohs Surgery 1995 - 1998
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine 1994 - 1995
- Intern and Resident, Internal Medicine 1991 -1995
- Medical College of Wisconsin, 1987–1991
- The SunWise Program - Speaker
In addition to her time at Camelback Dermatology & Skin Surgery, Dr. Kristine Romine holds a position as adjunct faculty at Midwestern University, Glendale, Arizona campus, educating medical students, residents, and physician assistant students.
Dr. Romine received her Medical Degree, with the highest honors, from the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. She then moved home to Phoenix to help care for her ailing father and completed a residency in Internal Medicine and chief residency in Internal Medicine, both at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Phoenix, Arizona. She then pursued and completed a residency in Dermatology & Mohs surgery training at Southern Illinois University School of Medicine in Springfield, Illinois.
She served as Chief Resident and is honored to be the first graduating resident from this highly successful program. Dr. Romine moved to a beautiful part of the country to begin private practice with a well-established group in Oak Ridge, TN for five years, however, the dream of starting her own practice remained one of her goals.
In the summer of 2003, Dr. Romine moved back to her home and founded Camelback Dermatology & Skin Surgery, which has become a premier private dermatology practice. Dr. Romine is at the top of her field specializing in Mohs, Surgical, Cosmetic, and Laser dermatology. Her expertise in part is derived from her knowledge of anatomy and love of surgery, which is a large part of her practice. Her patients routinely travel great distances for her skills both for cosmetic procedures and surgery.
Dr. Romine is a highly respected and invited media personality in the area of cosmetic dermatology and surgery. She also lectured nationally on "Partnering with Patients for a Lifetime of Healthy, Beautiful Skin ™ " to her peers in the fields of plastic surgery and dermatology. She also educates the public on many topics including cosmetic procedures as well as sun protection. Dr. Romine lectures nationally and internationally and is an invited speaker and hands-on trainer for cosmetic procedures including demonstrating advanced techniques for soft tissue fillers, laser treatments, and facial and body rejuvenation at many national meetings.
Dr. Romine has authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific journal articles, as well as magazine and print articles for nationwide news sources. She has been honored as a "Top Doctor" by Phoenix Magazine for 11 years and was the featured "Top Doc" including profile and cover story for the 2007 edition. Dr. Romine remains an active fellow of many relevant national organizations including:
- American Academy of Dermatology,
- American Society for Mohs Surgery,
- American Society of Dermatologic Surgery,
- Women’s Dermatologic Society,
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery, and the
- American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology & Aesthetic Surgery.
She serves as the Arizona Representative to the American Academy of Dermatology Advisory Board and is a board member at large for the Arizona Dermatology and Dermatoligic Surgery Society. Dr. Romine serves on the Boards of several public and privately held businesses. Dr. Romine has served as a national trainer for Evolus, Galderma, Allergan, Merz and Medicis.
Dr. Romine is a wife and devoted mother of 4 wonderful children and loves traveling, yoga, reading, and spending time with her family.
Mohs Micrographic Surgery
Highly specialized technique with the highest available cure rate of any skin cancer treatment while ensuring minimal sacrifice of normal, uninvolved tissues. This procedure is followed by the best cosmetic reconstruction possible, conveniently performed on the same day by Dr. Romine.
Neuromodulators (Jeuveau, Dysport, Botox, Xeomin)
- Extremely safe, non-invasive, and a virtually painless way to erase lines anywhere on the face.
- Relaxes the muscles in the face by intercepting the signal from the nerve ending to the muscle, therefore diminishing the lines and wrinkles.
- Can prevent lines at rest and shape the face. Dr. Romine’s “eyebrow shaping” is especially sought after.
- Lasts approximately 3 to 4 months, and if maintained continuously, the same results can last up to 6 months.
**Dr. Romine has 24 years of experience using advanced injection techniques.
Restylane, Versa, RHA, Radiesse and Juvederm
- The newest and most popular natural looking cosmetic filler.
- Restores fullness to correct moderate to severe wrinkles and folds providing a smoother contour to the face.
- Can reshape the face and Dr. Romine’s “Cheek Lift” is especially popular in giving beautiful results.
- Average treatment results last six months up to 18 months depending on product used.
- Dramatic improvement in photodamage and wrinkles with a single treatment.
- Safe and effective on all skin types.
- Improvements in brown spots, sun damage, tone and texture revealing a noticeably smoother, brighter complexion.
- Reverse signs of aging with a quick one week recovery period.