Planning Your Visit
Learn more here about planning your visit to Camelback Dermatology & Skin Surgery.
Thank you for allowing our team to care for you. At every visit, you can expect our best effort to provide quality health care in a prompt, courteous, and cost-effective manner. There are several things that you can do to help make this partnership possible.
Scheduling An Appointment
When calling to schedule, please make sure that you have your insurance card/s in hand and be prepared to give:
- Insurance ID numbers,
- Group numbers,
- Insurance claims address(es).
If you have an HMO plan or a Medicare replacement (Advantage) make sure that you contact your Primary Care Physician prior to scheduling to have a referral sent to our office. Please note, we cannot schedule your appointment without having your referral in our office.
To aid in our communications with patients, we use an appointment verification system named Phreesia. It will send reminders to you via your Home Phone, Cell and/or email.
Appointment Changes and Cancellations
Please note that ANY appointment changes or cancellations you wish to make REQUIRE a phone call to our office. We do not receive email messages in real-time and this could result in a NO SHOW fee if not canceled via phone call.
Stay Home if you are Feeling Ill
On the day of your appointment, please ensure the following:
- You have no recent history of exposure to anyone with a confirmed or presumed positive COVID-19 infection.
- You are not currently experiencing the following symptoms:
- Fever or chills
- Loss of taste or smell
- Shortness of breath that started in the last 48 hours
- Cough that started or has gotten worse in the last 48 hours
- Muscle or body aches and/or fatigue
- Sore throat
- Runny nose or nasal congestion
- Nausea or diarrhea
- Please have an accurate list of all medications you are taking, not only by name but also by strength and directions.
- Please understand that the time scheduled for your visit usually is enough to address and treat one health problem. This is why, when you schedule your appointment, we ask for what reason you need to be seen. If your appointment has been booked for a routine annual exam, we may ask you to make additional appointments for your other concerns less critical than your most important problem of today.
- Please be on time. New patients are required to check-in 15 minutes before the scheduled appointment time. If you cannot make your appointed time in order to fill out intake forms and provide insurance information, please advise us as soon as possible because we may need to reschedule your visit. If you are late to arrive for your appointment and still expect to be seen, every patient scheduled after you will be delayed as well. We promise to do our best to stay on schedule, especially with your help. Regardless, should we fall behind, we will do our best to advise, reassign or reschedule your visit in a timely fashion.
- We truly want to know if you experience a concern regarding our office. Please call or speak with us in person if there are issues that need to be reviewed or resolved. Not only would we hope to remedy any current concern you may have, but also to learn from it thus improving our future care for you & others.
- We value all of our patients. Phone messages will be returned within 24 business hours. Not all messages may be resolved immediately, however. Many times your provider may be required to review and respond to messages before they can be resolved, such as prescription refills. Please allow us time to provide a proper response.
As always, please contact us with any questions you may have prior to your visit to Camelback Dermatology & Skin Surgery. We look forward to serving you.